in life, and in your startup, what would you rather be?
this earth digger?
moving earth one bucket at a time
its kind of a loaded question.
yet, it is surprising how often in life and in business we choose the digger.
in Start-up life, as en entrepreneur or CEO, there are several ways you can make your life easier.
yet some people choose to dig a hole rather than skate.
the most common way to make life hard for you self is in your business model.
the most common mistake that is still common amongst early-stage SaaS startups is to go for direct sales:
- it is costly.
- it takes a long time to figure out
- it changes the DNA of your company early. how easy is it to change later to Self-Serve after your VP sales has dedicated a year to sell direct.
- it effects the leads you seek, and their costs
- it gives a false sense of control
- oh yeah, and the switch later, is really painful
most of the above applies to our bad-traits as individuals, too.