The NY Yankees win the World series in 6 games
mitsui is the MVP. of course, 6 RBIs in the winning game. Mitsui, the mvp, is the first japanese born player to win the title. we are becoming globalized.
notice the following:
- MVP is in the winning team (which i think should often be the case, but it seems to be ALWAYS the case, at least lately).
- the MVP of the series is actually the MVP of the last game.
it seems to me the underlying reason is the ‘recency effect‘:
- we place more importance on the latest occurrence than we should.
- we ask people what they have done for us lately, forgetting what they have done for us in the past.
- in the compilation of the best songs in the past 50 years, or the best movies, songs and movies from the last year or so get a dis-proportional weight.
call mom or dad and say ‘thank you’.