if you are a men, and over 50 you better know your PSA
(on a yearly basis)
1. what is PSA?
2. below a letter i got from a friend
PSA is not the acronym for the Peugeout group, not the photographic society of america, and not pharmaceutical society of australia. it is not even a public service announcement.
click here for PSA
it is a measure of your prostate cancer antigen
please see the letter i got below
what is cool about it is:
- mustaches are cool, but out of fashion (with the exception of turkey)
- the social manner to increase awareness of prostate cancer. manly, in your face, noticeable but gentle
- the fact that we can all donate on-line for one person’s sacrifices
I am growing a moustache this year for Movember. I have decided to put down my razor for one month (November) and help raise awareness and funds for men’s health – specifically prostate cancer.
What many people don’t appreciate is that one man dies every hour of prostate cancer in the UK, more than 35,000 men will be diagnosed this year and that prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men in the UK. Facts like these have convinced me I should get involved and I am hoping that you will support me.
To donate to my Mo, you can either:
• Click this link http://uk.movember.com/mospace/403198/ and donate online using your credit card, debit card or PayPal account
• Write a cheque payable to ‘The Prostate Cancer Charity – Movember’, referencing my Registration Number 403198 and mailing it to: Movember – The Prostate Cancer Charity, First Floor, Cambridge House, Cambridge Grove, London, W6 0LE.
Movember is now in its third year here in the UK and, to date, has achieved some pretty amazing results by working alongside The Prostate Cancer Charity. Check out further details at: http://uk.movemberfoundation.com/research-and-programs.