i am proud of the israeli hospital in haiti
our humanitarian efforts in Haiti are remarkable because
- we live half a world away
- our efforts are done full-heartedly
- the results are meaningful
- the response was quick
- at the time, the American medical efforts in Haiti are still in planning phases and not operational
- for once, our disproportionate response is positive
- and, it is still difficult to find stories of how israel is to be blamed for the earthquake
makes you wonder, when will we help the people 80 km south of here?
for some remarkable stories, perhaps the best i have seen related to israel in a long time:
interview with a brother of a man rescued after 4 days.
even sky news has something nice to say about this.
abc doctor trying to help a pregnant woman and another miracle of birth
and a short, but telling CNN piece, really worth watching: